Hohner Multitune

Anything apart from the two mainstream default harmonicas (Solo-tuned fully-valved chromatic, and un-valved Richter 10-hole diatonic). Alternate tunings, different construction, new functionality, interesting old designs, wishful-thinking... whatever!
triona

Hohner Multitune

Post by triona » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:16 am

The revolutionary innovation,
available since first of April:

But if they would have thought it through to the end, they would have used a star grip screw instead of the recessed slotted screw. This would increase the operator convenience distinctly.

dear greetings
triona
Aw, Thou beloved, do hearken to the Banshee's lonely croon!
sinn féin - ça ira !
Cad é sin do'n té sin nach mbaineann sin dó

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1yI3H ... 9ktgzTR2qg

Alan

Re: Hohner Multitune

Post by Alan » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:47 pm

I'm guessing that's an April Fool's Day joke.

But in a similar vein, I just got a newsletter from Turbo Harp that their TuneMaster is now available.

The FAQ says you can adjust the pitch of both blow and draw notes. They don't answer specifically, but I'm inferring the amount of change is a half step or so. It will be interesting to see how much the magnet changes the overall feel of the pitch.

triona

Re: Hohner Multitune

Post by triona » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:21 pm

Alan wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:47 pm
I'm guessing that's an April Fool's Day joke.
Certainly it is. ;)

Just a little bit too late. But didn't see it before yesterday. And if I would have waited until 1st of April next year, I would have forgotten about it. Thought the joke too nice not to post it here. :lol:

Alan wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:47 pm
But in a similar vein, I just got a newsletter from Turbo Harp that their TuneMaster is now available.

The FAQ says you can adjust the pitch of both blow and draw notes. They don't answer specifically, but I'm inferring the amount of change is a half step or so. It will be interesting to see how much the magnet changes the overall feel of the pitch.
That was the first I thougt of when I saw the April's Fool joke with the Rocket multitune. We had it already here:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=328

I suspected this a kind of April's Fool too, despite of it didn't come up on April 1st. And short after it had come up, it has disappeared from the turboharp website again. But if it is truly available now, it were nice to read some reviews, if any one should have a try on it. (Best to post into the respective thread. See link above.)

It looks obviously more realistic than the Hohner joke. But interesting is, whether it is to use conveniently, and if both reedplates (blow + draw) are retunable now, and the price of course.

have a nice weekend all
dear greetings
triona
Aw, Thou beloved, do hearken to the Banshee's lonely croon!
sinn féin - ça ira !
Cad é sin do'n té sin nach mbaineann sin dó

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1yI3H ... 9ktgzTR2qg