Introduce yourself

Anything apart from the two mainstream default harmonicas (Solo-tuned fully-valved chromatic, and un-valved Richter 10-hole diatonic). Alternate tunings, different construction, new functionality, interesting old designs, wishful-thinking... whatever!
triona

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by triona » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:58 pm

Welcome here.
Nice recording.

dear greetings
triona
Aw, Thou beloved, do hearken to the Banshee's lonely croon!
sinn féin - ça ira !
Cad é sin do'n té sin nach mbaineann sin dó

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1yI3H ... 9ktgzTR2qg

CrawfordEs

Post by CrawfordEs » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:40 am

Welcome aboard Jazmaan.
It was some of your you tube videos and postings that helped get me going on altered tunings.
Do you still play fourkey?
I still have one somewhere, but since my switch harp, I’m hooked.

Brendan

Post by Brendan » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:19 am

Welcome Jazmaan, good to have you here! A harmonica friend of many years, always interested in new ideas and with plenty of your own!

notable

Post by notable » Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:31 am

hi, just got first harmonica, 12 hole chromatic 'c' by irin. live in Oz.
trying it out with one side windsavers blocked shut, sounds nice, less reverb.
crazy?

CrawfordEs

Post by CrawfordEs » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:48 pm

Welcome aboard.
It sounds like maybe you had leakage between the slide in and slide out chambers.
Sealing a row of windsavers May have fixed the issue, but you have sacrificed a lot of reeds to get there. The problem was probably in the way the mouthpiece/slider was assembled.

jeingham

Post by jeingham » Mon May 18, 2020 12:55 am

John Ingham here, owner Masterharp USA. Just finding this site, looking forward learning and keeping up with the genius mind of Brendan Power.
John Ingham - Masterharp
www.masterharp.com
john@masterharp.com

zack22

Post by zack22 » Sun May 24, 2020 1:43 pm

hi. I am Zack and hope will learn new and good stuff.

MistahChestah

Inquiry by way of an intro

Post by MistahChestah » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:26 pm

Forgive in advance the long winded post but this is what happens when you’ve been cooped up for going on 5 months now.

Brendan. I regret missing your folk chromatic Masterclass this past weekend as that would have really appealed to me. I admire your work greatly and all that you have done to advance the instrument. Maximum respect.

I have primarily been a diatonic player who probably started out like every harp hack does immersed in the blues and folk but became more focused on tone and articulation as my so-called style evolved. I have really gravitated very much toward roots and world music of the Americas and African Roots. To navel-gaze and try to analyze my own approach I would say it revolves around melodic support, rhythmic comping, chording, playing parts/riffing, I’m probably good for short bursts of improv. Also, finding the interesting holes in music to fill and add color. I’m totally on board with alternate tunings and love them. I get into position playing but outside of 1st, 2nd and 3rd , if I wind up playing in other positions it’s probably by accident. I own a few Power Benders, Power Draws, Diminished, Augmented, Circular, Natural Minor, Country Tuned and on and on. Quite a collection nonetheless.

• So here is what I am trying to sort out and where I welcome the input: I am wanting to construct my travel kit of harps that would allow me to sit in anywhere and be able to hang in varied settings.

• Having one of those folding canvas harp cases that can hold 14 diatonic harps, which 14 in which keys and tunings would you choose/suggest?

• I am very interested in the Power Chromatic and have been eyeballing one on the Seydel website for a while now. The only one that they have for sale on their site is configured in “G”. Is that preferred key? Any other key configuration you would suggest? A number of years ago Hohner had a Slide Blues harp in “C” that they have since discontinued. It looked like a diatonic on steroids with a slide. How similar is that one compared to the tuning of your blues chromatic?

This is also a great opportunity for you to shamelessly plug some of your inventions to a captive audience of one (at least).

Hope these inquiries aren’t too simplistic.

Interested in input from anyone.

Chet Naiman
St. Augustine, Florida

Gerhard62

Post by Gerhard62 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:17 pm

Hello, everybody,
I'm Gerhard from Munich, Germany, playing German folksongs with the harmonica only from hearing since my childhood.
But now I'm on the way to learn bending and the other skills to use the blues harp for much more kinds of music.

Greetings :)

llumagsara

Post by llumagsara » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:50 pm

hello All
my name is Agustín, i'm from Spain, i like hcas., i play chrome and bass Hca. in an amateur way.

good health