TuneMaster harmonica

Anything apart from the two mainstream default harmonicas (Solo-tuned fully-valved chromatic, and un-valved Richter 10-hole diatonic). Alternate tunings, different construction, new functionality, interesting old designs, wishful-thinking... whatever!
triona

Re: TuneMaster harmonica

Post by triona » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:52 pm

EdvinW wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:44 am
One idea would be to drill holes in the cover plates above each magnet, so that it could be adjusted without removing the cover plate. This would facilitate quick adjustments. Another option would be to selectively drill holes for frequently changed notes.

I got the idea after seeing Brendan's prototype DM48 which has a lot of holes drilled in it, presumably to adjust the breath resistance.
Brendan wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:55 am
Nice idea Edvin! You should propose it to Jim Antaki :)

And it would kinda combine some of the advantages of both models - the TuneMaster and the Seydel All Minor. Maybe it would diminish some of the weak points of both of them as well. Worthwile to think about further development of both of them. Some kind of cooperation between Dr. Antaki and Seydel seems to exist already anyway, since the TuneMaster is equipped with Seydel reedplates and Seydel concedes that the idea to the All Minor had been inspired by the TuneMaster.

dear greetings
triona
Aw, Thou beloved, do hearken to the Banshee's lonely croon!
sinn féin - ça ira !
Cad é sin do'n té sin nach mbaineann sin dó

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1yI3H ... 9ktgzTR2qg

Brendan

Post by Brendan » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:32 am

Actually it's not necessary to drill holes in the covers, since they are Jim's Turbolids: pull-off snap-on in seconds.

EdvinW

Post by EdvinW » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:45 pm

Brendan wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:32 am
Actually it's not necessary to drill holes in the covers, since they are Jim's Turbolids: pull-off snap-on in seconds.
I actually came to the same conclusion after thinking it through again :D Since metal covers is an option as well the idea might still have some value. The reason I didn't think of it at first was probably that I ordered my TurboSlide harp with regular metal covers.
Edvin Wedin