SWAM Apps in the iPad: Amazing Realism

Anything apart from the two mainstream default harmonicas (Solo-tuned fully-valved chromatic, and un-valved Richter 10-hole diatonic). Alternate tunings, different construction, new functionality, interesting old designs, wishful-thinking... whatever!
Brendan

SWAM Apps in the iPad: Amazing Realism

Post by Brendan » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:09 pm

I've long been an admirer and advocate of the brilliant Lekholm DM48 Midi Harmonica. My preferred interface is the iPad, for it's user-friendly interface, small size, and low cost of using large numbers of excellent synth apps to play through.

Recently things have got even better with that combination, with the roll out of Audio Modeling's amazingly realistic SWAM apps for iOS. They have somehow managed to encapsulate everything that's authentic and beautiful about a wide variety of acoustic instruments into digital form. Using the DM48, you can trigger them with great dynamics and expression. I've got a few of them now, but may favourite is the SWAM cello. Here's a demo:

https://youtu.be/xn9RYyRgayQ

November_SSN

Re: SWAM Apps in the iPad: Amazing Realism

Post by November_SSN » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:02 pm

Is that app available on Android platforms, too? I've always had tablets based on this OS due to their standardized nature, and would like to know whether it's possible to use it, as it really looks like a great tool.
Plus, it's a good way to practice a little at work, during a lull between a meeting with a client and an investment simulation in these Jurmala houses, as my boss wouldn't necessarily be thrilled by someone playing the harmonica at 4.22 p.m. :lol:

Brendan

Post by Brendan » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:54 pm

Unfortunately Android has too much latency for music apps, so anything decent has to use iOS. I have an Android phone myself, but use a second hand iPad Mini for music.

November_SSN

Post by November_SSN » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:41 pm

Okay, thanks for the information! I'll maybe get an iPad one of these days, after all...