Seydel Nonslider

Anything apart from the two mainstream default harmonicas (Solo-tuned fully-valved chromatic, and un-valved Richter 10-hole diatonic). Alternate tunings, different construction, new functionality, interesting old designs, wishful-thinking... whatever!
IaNerd

Re: Seydel Nonslider

Post by IaNerd » Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:06 pm

(deleted post)
Last edited by IaNerd on Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

IaNerd

Post by IaNerd » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:25 am

I was told by Seydel today:
Thank you for your message. We plan to offer the NONSLIDER Chromatic in more keys and also put it in the configurator in the future.

At the moment we have to keep up with the big demand for the C harmonica. Therefore we do not offer the NONSLIDER in other keys at the moment.

triona

Post by triona » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:38 pm

IaNerd wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:25 am
I was told by Seydel today: ...

That is my state of knowledge too.
By the next weekend I will visit the Seydel factory and meet the concerned people there. Maybe I can find out more.

dear greetings
triona
Aw, Thou beloved, do hearken to the Banshee's lonely croon!
sinn féin - ça ira !
Cad é sin do'n té sin nach mbaineann sin dó

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1yI3H ... 9ktgzTR2qg

triona

Post by triona » Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:41 am

triona wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:41 am
Lizzy wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:42 am
... but can eventually buy the mouthpiece when they will be available, just for curiosity.
As far as I know Seydel has planned this.
At least they will offer the mouthpiece as a spare part one day, since they just recently have decided, that they will offer the Nonslider as a regular model from now. As far as I remember, they also have planned to offer the Nonslider in the configurator. That would mean, that it were available in all keys and tunings in which the conventional chroms are avilable too.
triona wrote:By the next weekend I will visit the Seydel factory and meet the concerned people there. Maybe I can find out more.

And this is, what Mr. Bertram Becher told me:

1. The Nonslide is offered regularly now.

2. It will be offered in different keys than C soon.

3. It will appear most propably in the configurator soon.
But BTW: There is always the possibility to ask for a configuration of any harmonica out of their program, even when it is not listed in the regular configurator. It is by request only. They configurate anything that is possible, i.e. where the required reeds are available for. You must send them the wished layout and ask if they can do this. The price is about 25 or 30 € higher than the respective standard version.

4. The mouthpiece of the Nonslider will not come as a part to order seperatly soon.
Seydel wants to sell harmonicas and not mouthpieces. ;) Maybe any day as a sparepart, when the first one will be broken in use. Think about how often a full metal mouthpiece will break. :lol:

dear greetings
triona
Last edited by triona on Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
sinn féin - ça ira !

Lizzy

Post by Lizzy » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:28 am

Well....i thought the decision not offer a mouthpiece as a spare was to odd, so i have talked to Seydel and they have now decided to offer it as a spare. :D

EdvinW

Post by EdvinW » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:54 am

Good work Lizzy :D

People seem to be finding more possibilities with the Nonslider all the time, especially this guy: https://youtu.be/N2JfDBj6u3k

In this particular video, he plays holes from the two rows simultaneously to significantly expand the set of chords in Solo tuning. I think it's cool!
Edvin Wedin

triona

Post by triona » Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:24 am

EdvinW wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:54 am
Good work Lizzy :D
+1

EdvinW wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:54 am
People seem to be finding more possibilities with the Nonslider all the time, especially this guy: https://youtu.be/N2JfDBj6u3k

In this particular video, he plays holes from the two rows simultaneously to significantly expand the set of chords in Solo tuning. I think it's cool!
I did this already too. :D
And I feel quite certain that there will be found some more possibilities to use it.

And this guy really seems to have waited for this harmonica. He plays it in a neckholder playing the Piano at the same time. Formerly he had to take his right hand from the piano keybord every time he had to push the slider to play any accidental note.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV_712 ... ToNsjHINyQ

dear greetings
triona
sinn féin - ça ira !

triona

Post by triona » Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:34 am

Lizzy wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:28 am
Well....i thought the decision not offer a mouthpiece as a spare was to odd, so i have talked to Seydel and they have now decided to offer it as a spare. :D

That was a good idea. :idea:

And I hope you did not mention my name as a reference.
Did you talk to Bertram Becher? Or was it anyone else?

This gives the possibility to use any Chromatic Deluxe or Saxony in two different ways by only changing the mouthpieces as required. It is just 2 screws to remove and to fix again. And I suppose this could be useful for the Sampler (= double diatonic) as well. I think I should give this a try. I have both of them.

dear greetings
triona
sinn féin - ça ira !

Lizzy

Post by Lizzy » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:49 pm

Triona...no, i did not mention your name because i dont know your relation with Seydel, or if i could harm anything if i mentioned your or others name. And i have already decided for a while back that i would write to Bertram about it because there have been several others who asked Seydel about it, even in this forum.
My argument was if someone have one or two unused deluxe in their drawer because it did not meet the expectations as is, but now see a chance to change this with a new mouthpiece only have the option to buy the complete nonslider with the risk...if it did not work as expected, then in the end have two or three chromatics in the drawer. :?
Seydel have what i understand decided to have the nonslider in the regular production among their other products, in that case i think its odd not to offer a spare part because you already have spare parts on all other chromatics but not on nonslider? And you can freely switch many parts between many of the other models because of same measurements so this is already happens. Seydel changed their viewpoint on this which means they are listening which is grateful.

triona

Post by triona » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm

Lizzy wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:49 pm
My argument was if someone have one or two unused deluxe in their drawer because it did not meet the expectations as is,
Propably this is a thing that nobody at Seydel's ever did expect nor can imagine. :D

Lizzy wrote:
... you can freely switch many parts between many of the other models because of same measurements ...
This is one of the good things about Seydel.

Lizzy wrote:
Seydel changed their viewpoint on this which means they are listening which is grateful.
I agree with this.

Let us wait what there might come.
I expect a price of about 40 €, or maybe a little bit more, because they must mill (or laser or cast or whatever) it or let do this exclusively for this particular model.

dear greetings
triona
sinn féin - ça ira !