OFF TOPIC - A New instrument!

Anything apart from the two mainstream default harmonicas (Solo-tuned fully-valved chromatic, and un-valved Richter 10-hole diatonic). Alternate tunings, different construction, new functionality, interesting old designs, wishful-thinking... whatever!
JoshuaDb

OFF TOPIC - A New instrument!

Post by JoshuaDb » Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:57 pm

This isn't a new harmonica - but it is a new reed instrument. And as Brendan has been a "disruptor" in the harmonica tech world - I thought everyone might appreciate this. Im considering ordering one.

https://www.glissonic.com/

Brendan

Re: OFF TOPIC - A New instrument!

Post by Brendan » Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:02 pm

Thanks Joshua, just saw this!

I'm especially interested in any instrument that can bend notes, and have been inspired to try and advance the state of controllable note bending on harmonica by those which use it a lot - such as the dobro, erhu, and various Indian instruments.

So I was fascinated to check out the Glissotar! I read the website info and watched some videos. So far the ones there are mostly in a kind of Avant Garde jazz style. I'd love to hear the Glissotar in a more mainstream context, playing something akin to blues slide guitar, bluegrass dobro etc. Can you point to any examples?